Consider a bag for each member of your family, plan on up to 72 hours and tailor them to your needs. Don't include equipment you don't know how to use and keep it light. Don't forget seasonal extras, like gloves and knit caps.Try to keep it under 25% of your body weight and then train with it.
- Food: 1500 calories a day, fishing kit with bait, rat trap or snares, cups/plates, coffee
- Water: Minimum 2 liters, plus water purification system
- Shelter: Tent or tarp, dry clothing, fire starters, stove and sleeping bag
- Cordage: 50' of 550 cord (paracord), 100' Kevlar fishing line
- Signal and communication: Signal kit and strobe, two way radio, spare batteries and maybe a spare cell phone
- First aid: NAR IFAK, over the counter medications, personal meds and feminine hygiene
- Weapons support (optional): Spare parts, ammo and cleaning kit
- Utility: Spare knife/multi-tool, folding shovel (E-tool), hatchet and pry bar or bolt cutter
- Documents: Maps, cash, back up ID, insurance cards, emergency contact info, compass and/or GPS Optional: Solar charging, pen flares, hand saws, escape kits, lock picking sets, CBRN and bio masks, tyvek suit
Last modified onThursday, 20 April 2017 06:31
Latest from Jay P.
Login to post comments