THE COMMUNICATIONS FUNCTIONAL AREA
The Communications Functional Area is designed to provide students the guidance necessary for maintaining the necessity of communications. From basic team skills, to long range high power communications and technical aspects. All courses are designed to mesh with FCC Regulations.
The BASIC Communications Program
Designed to build strong foundations in Safe and Technically Competent Communications skills. This skill program is intended to improve individual, team, and community communications programs through integration and participation with the FCC, SKYWARN, ARES and RACES Programs.
Those that meet the requirements of this program will earn a Basic Survival Tab.
Earning the Basic Communications Tab
There is one path to earning the Basic Communications Tab:
1. Satisfactorily complete the "FCC Amateur Radio Technician License" testing program with the Federal Communications Commission or an Affiliate Organization.
2. Provide Photo Documentation of your Mobile Communication System (Handheld or Vehicle Mounted) (this must include your membership number):
Once Issued a Amateur Radio Technician Certificate, you may request credit for your Training Tab
To Request Tab Credit you must:
First, ensure that you are logged into your personal profile on www.CAGMain.com and that your profile is complete
- On the Home Page, select the MEMBERS ONLY tab
- In the drop down menu, select the REQUEST TAB CREDIT tab
- Fill out the blocks completely, incomplete submissions will not be accepted
- Upload an electronic copy of your Certificates into the block provided
- Don't forget to hit the SUBMIT button
- The CAG Staff will process your request and contact you.